Vanitha Mandali is Women's wing of Sydney Telugu Association Inc. A brief overview of past, current and future proposed activities.
Vanitha Mandali, women's wing of Sydney Telugu Association Inc., was started on 10 October 1993. The sub-committee consisted of Smt. Sujatha Kalavakota, Smt Sarayu Rao Varigonda and Smt. Shoba Vennelakanti. The 1st inaugural meeting was attended by many of our enthusiastic and talented Telugu women and the guest speaker at the meeting was the Hon Patricia Forsythe, Member for Ethnic Affairs Commission Board.
Over the years Vanitha Mandali, with the support and help of our women, successfully organised various fund raising activities by setting up food stalls at UIA, AHIA, Fiji Indian Diwali and community functions. It also organised various other programs like workshop on interview preparation and useful tips for job seekers, breast screening and mammogram testing, diabetes, gastroenterology, stress management and nutrition, art and craft, food demonstrations, beauty and relaxation (Reiki and Pranic healing) techniques. Vanitha Mandali actively co-ordinated and organised various dance, drama and group singing activities for our women and children in the Ugadi and Diwali functions held annually promoting our Telugu culture and values.
The various ideas put forward by our enthusiastic women are as follows.
- Ladies picnic and family picnic, encouraging physical fitness involving bush walks, sports, games etc
- Women's health, beauty and nutrition
- Charity and senior citizens/community based activities, blood donation, help in soup kitchens etc.
- Monthly bush walks
- Tree planting in consultation with local councils
- Physical fitness and sports/outdoor activities
- Literary and recreational activities
- Organise family dinner and dance promoting our festivals ie Holi, Dassera(gharba) and Sankranthi(Rangoli)
- Art and craft (painting,embroidery, flower/fruit and salad arrangements), easy and healthy cooking tips/demonstrations(pickles, powders, cakes, sweets etc).
- Improving our communication skills around promoting traditional family values for our children
- Organise factory outlet shopping or long distance sight-seeing bus tours for women
- Ladies or family end-of-the-year dinner and dance
Please stay tuned to Telugu Vani or visit www.SydneyTelugu.org for the upcoming Vanitha Mandali events. If you would like to participate or wish to co-ordinate any of the above Vanitha Mandali activities, please mail your interest to Vanithasydneytelugu.org or contact Smt Shoba Vennelakanti on 0409-420097.
Please inform all your friends and family (women only) to join and be part of the celebrations. Look forward to all our members' participation in making this event an enjoyable and fun filled day.
For Further details please contact
Shoba Vennelakanti on #8901 3636 or # 0409 420097
Or send email to Vanitha(at>sydneytelugu.org